forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Forrest graduation from Xml.Apache
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 07:32:35 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>>Is there any more discussion before we vote on this?
>
> Considering that there is no rush, we should let this
> discussion run for a while before calling a vote, so that
> everyone gets a chance to air their concerns.

+1

> By the way, with this type of vote, do we need to have a
> majority of committers participate? Are there ASF guidelines
> regarding the creation of a PMC.

The board creates PMCs. Ours would only be a recommendation, so there
are no rules. I think that having all active committers say +1 is best
and possible, or at least have no -1.

> In any case we probably need to ask the Cocoon committers
> to vote, since they are a default part of our committer base.

It's nore accademic than anything else. I would not include them in the
vote, but I certainly would be happy if any Cocoon committer that has
actually committed stuff in the Forrest SVN would like to join the
Forrest PMC.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -