forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DEVOTE] Solving the skinconf riddle
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 15:30:41 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>>Will each skin's skinconf include all the features it uses?  Or will we have a
>>skinconf for the 'common' skin which includes the features that pretty much all
>>skins use?  And then each skin's skinconf would only include additional features.
>
> Aha, i like the latter. That issue was bothering me too.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure. I mean, what if we add some value? The skin would
not use them, but still seem as if it does... I would actually make
every skin declare every tag it uses, especially now that we are making
features optional.

> Also, perhaps a skin could over-ride a "common" feature.

This is any case.

 >>What is the next step?
 >
 > Make a branch and start doing it? :-)

What about: finishing off the copyless branch bugs, merging with trunk,
then barnching again for this, and releaseing the trunk ASAP?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -