forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: REsizing batik to a minimum for us.
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 17:53:58 GMT
On Thu, 27 May 2004, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Carlos Araya escribió:
> >
> > Juan Jose:
> >
> > I'd test it before recomending the change, we don't know what would
> > break if you make this change.
> >

> I have done already. what would break is the ability to create png out
> of svg files.
>
> > Carlos

I think you mean it *could* break svg->png.  And that would be the only
thing to break if anything breaks at all.

Nevertheless:
I don't think we have "mess" now.  Sure, maybe a little bloat, but it is
not a problem.  It's not a bug that needs to be fixed.  We've already
decided on a freeze so we should stick to it and only make bugfixes.  I
know it seems like a small change, but many small changes add up to
potential problems.  I'm holding back some wiki & pdf improvements myself.

The (two) votes for freezing:

http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listId=65&by=thread&from=754867
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&by=thread&from=773467

--