forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Removing Jsp from distribution.
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 12:25:03 GMT
On Thu, 27 May 2004, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do not think that Forrest need JSP support for the run target. But
> Jetty comes with it as default.
>
> If I try to remove org.apache.jasper.jar I get a warning about a class
> missing. Digging in the web I have found out that it would be possible
> to remove with the modification of the way I have built Jetty.
>
> Can I rebuild jetty-4.2.19.jar with these modifications?
>
> Do we need JSP support for forrest?

I don't think we need JSP support, but how much work is it to rebuild
jetty?  Ideally we would just upgrade the jar file when there is a new
jetty release, rather than taking time (and risk of mistake) by modifying
it and rebuilding it.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal