forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <>
Subject Re: Request: Split development and user mailling list
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 22:08:30 GMT
On Wed, 12 May 2004, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Hi,
> > David Crossley dijo:
> >
> > possibility to split the user and development mailling lists, as the
> > mail traffic has increased dramatically over the past few months.
> >
> I have test that the the mailing list works. And I have update the
> documents on the svn.

I am +1 on this, but we shouldn't move too fast, this is a significant

<quote src="">
WARNING: the creation of a user mail list can be a very dangerous
thing for a community if the developers don't pay attention to their users
and if users don't have developers that reply to their emails. Sure,
active developers should expect a well behaving user community to reply to
one another for simple questions, but this doesn't happen overnight and
the creation of a user mail list alone can turn into a very harmful

I think all of us developers would be willing to participate on the -user
list as well, so I don't think this will be a problem, just a concern be
aware of.

Dave Brondsema : : personal : programming : student org

View raw message