forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Quarterly Report
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 12:46:39 GMT
On Tue, 11 May 2004, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > I have put the file in SVN exactly like I did with Gump. There people
> > can vote for it and keep track of changes. But if there are still
> > questions, issues or anything else, let's discuss them here, there is no
> > hurry. I repeat, there is no hurry :-)
>
> Below I've attached what has been sent to Cocoon committers when
> creating the Cocoon PMC. It explains quite well what a PMC is form a
> committer's perspective.
>
> Thanks to Stefano Mazzocchi :-)

<snip/>

Thanks, that helped a lot.

My biggest concern would be the direct responsibility for legal issues.
Obviously we know our code best so our own PMC would be well suited from
that perspective.  But we're not lawyers.  Even licensing questions can
get very confusing.  So I don't know how qualified any of us would be to
be responsible from that perspective.

How does voting work?  Currently (IIUC) only forrest committer's votes
count (non-committers are of course welcome and good to hear..)  Does this
stay the same, or does only the PMC get to vote?

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal