forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [DEVOTE] Solving the skinconf riddle
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 14:14:53 GMT
On Tue, 5 May 2004, David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >
> > Each skin would have the complete version instead, with the
> > <!--@required--> tag stuff or the required="" attribute, from which
> > Forrest would dynamically create the skinconf.xsl file that is now done
> > "by hand".
> >
> > Given that this file would be made by skin authors and that it's better
> > to keep a single schema for skinconfs maybe it's better to use the <!--@
> > annotations for this file instance.
>
> Great, this sounds like we have a solution then.

AFAICT, you guys have been talking about maintaining the skinconf in
forrest seed site, right?  How will 3rd party skins declare their
features?  How will changes to the forrest skins (e.g., new optional
features) get reflected in existing projects?  I think we need to seperate
the concerns of configuring the skin (per project in skinconf) and skin's
documentation/declaration (per skin in a skindef file).

Please see my earlier email in this thread for more details.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal