forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 11:22:35 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> I am aware there can be more pages generated but at least 6 links for free
>> on the net is good deal, right? ;-)
>
> Antonio, having a link on the net is useless in google-sense if there is
no <a href=""> tag around it.

Not sure. I think they index even outside <a href="">. As a sample see:

http://www.google.com.ni/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=%22www.emmss.com%22+cocoon+wiki&btnG=Search

The third answer is a page with no <a href="">:

http://www.svg.org/wiki/ow.asp?p=OtherImplementations&a=diff

> Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to think that the web is becoming too
big of a place for open wikis to work (just like to open email to work),
but I think you are just irrationally overreacting if you think they get
that much benefit out of it.

I cannot get you wrong. ;-)

It don't takes me too much time. Just curious about that and I wonder why
they are doing this? I don't read chineese. I don't know what they write.
Why they are using robots to do that? If not more pages results, then what
is the deal behind that?

Why i think they are using robots:

I wrote a mail 15 days ago [1]. At that time they had cca. 19,300 Now they
have 69,000 results on google [2]. I don't believe people can do that by
hand.  Doing simple maths (and supposing people use 6 hours daily for
sleep and eat), then they need to put a link every 20 secs. It must be a
robot!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

[1]