forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 10:30:10 GMT
Hi devs, hi David,

David Crossley wrote:

>I have started to prepare the request to infrastructure@a.o
>We need to make the job easy for them - they are volunteers too.
>Please add comments. I will compile the final request.

Thank you for doing that :). My comments:

[...]

>*) Do we want a separate "cvs" mailing list and archive?
>At the moment it automatically comes to "dev".

+1 I think that is a good idea to have.

>*) How should we deal with the old source repositories
>that are still available from
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-forrest/
>and cvs pserver
>Should we add a big WARNING STATUS file in there?

If we have the history in SVN then
-1 I suggest to remove them so that *NO USER* can reach them.

if not, still
-1 we are using SVN and not anymore CVS, there is no need for having it!
IMO it is a trap (I know what I am talking about because I saw it in the
cvs.apache.org tree and tried to commit there when I started ;-))

>*) Do we want a Wiki?

+1
Wiki is a great help in enhance the docu. It gives the user the
possibility to become part of the project without any major barriers.

King regards
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.