forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ullric OGER <o...@mapsys.fr>
Subject generated svg in pdf
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 10:16:14 GMT
Subject : Generated SVG in PDF

Hi,

I'm a new forrest user with a little problem with PDF generation.
I read the faq about image in pdf but there is nothing about generated
image.
I need for my project to generate an image from an xml file.
So I've written a cocoon pipeline to do that thing :
xml file -> xslt transform -> svg file -> svg2jpg -> jpg file

And it works fine for html viewing.

But no image in PDF.
Look at document2fo.xsl to learn that FOP search the jpg in
'resources/images/' which naturally don't contains it.

The matter is the jpeg image doesn't exist until forrest has processed it.
is there any way to explicitly tells forrest to process the jpg before
processing the pdf ?

I know that another solution is to include svg in xsl-fo with an
<fo:instream-foreign-object> but i've already test it and the result
isn't good enough (no pattern, no transparency, and unreadable text)
while including the jpg looks like as i want.

Any idea will help

Thanks.

U. Oger.