forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [Forrest 0.6] Disabled forrest.antproxy.xml --> How to integrate Forrest in Ant build file?
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 17:17:11 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in current SVN version of Forrest the forrest.antproxy.xml is disabled.
> How can I integrate Forrest in an Ant build file to generate static
> site? Old forrest.ant.proxy give a hint to use current forrestbot, but
> sorry i don't understand the forrestbot documentation. Can someone give
> me a hint how to integrate Forrest in my Ant build file?
>
> regards,
> Armin

Actually if you don't want any of the forrestbot features (getsrc,
deploy, notify, etc) you can import forrest.build.xml instead of the
forrestbot.  Then the 'site' target and any other forrest target can be
used in your project.  Here's a very small example, let me know if you
need more explanation (somebody remind me to put this as a FAQ...)

<project name="myproject" default="hello">
     <property environment="env"/>
     <import file="${env.FORREST_HOME}/forrest.build.xml"/>

     <target name="hello">
     <echo>hello</echo>
     </target>

     <!-- site is a target imported from forrest.build.xml -->
     <target name="post-build" depends="site">
       <echo>something here</echo>
     </target>
</project>

--