forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: International apache branches
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 07:36:03 GMT
Hello Juan,

thanks for your response.

Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Scherler, Thorsten escribió:
>
>> I am thinking about to open up a cocoon/-lenya site in Spain.
>> There is a growing community and the majority wants to communicate in
>> spanish.
>

> I have got the feeling that it will be a burden for all these people
> that talk both languages. This is a tipical scenario:
>
> A user for the software explain his problem in his native language,
> someone has to pick it up and translated so a developer can work on
> it.. Then the developer ask for more information and this has to be
> translated so the user understand and so on....

Jupp, I thought of that as well. We would need intermediaries which is
not really the best way to go! On the other hand this can be as well an
advantage for spreading the knowledge about e.g. cocoon (translator and
dev will have to understand the problematic). Dunno how to best deal
with that. I hope there are enough bilingual people that could help with
that (then there wouldn't be that big problem with translation).

>> How forrest deals with i18n?
>

> I hold a bug on that. Check that out:
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-18

I checked it out and bottom line for me is that is quite possible!
That's good news so.

Thank you very much for your thoughts and for the link!

King regards
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información S.A.U.