forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <msha4...@bl.com>
Subject Re: I can see the build, but not the file it creates
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 12:23:10 GMT
Dave suggested:

> I think this should work:
>
> project.content-dir=src/documentation
> project.skins-dir=${project.content-dir}/skins
> project.site-dir=builds/${project.skin}
> project.temp-dir=site/tmp

I tried this:

project.content-dir=src/documentation
project.skins-dir=${project.content-dir}/skins
project.site-dir=builds/${project.skin}
project.temp-dir=tmp

which are the directories I'd like, relative to directories that
forrest.properties is in. I execute "forrest" from that directory.

The screen dump showed that forrest-generate files should be going into the
proper directories:

       | Forrest template run.
       | Running from ${forrest.home} = /usr/local/share/forrest-current/bin/..
       | Working on   ${project.home} = /home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site
       | //where to put the result
       | project.site-dir    = builds/disaggregate
       | //uri to start crawling/generation process
       | project.start-uri   = index.html
       | //cocoon.xconf location
       | project.configfile  =
/home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/tmp/context/WEB-INF/cli.xconf
       | //logkit.xconf location
       | project.logkitfile  =
/home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/tmp/context/WEB-INF/logkit.xconf
       | //temp dir to throw stuff in (i.e. work and ctxt)
       | project.temp-dir    = tmp
       | //temp working directory for generation process
       | project.work-dir    = /home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/tmp/work
       | //temp context directory for generation process
       | project.ctxt-dir    = /home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/tmp/context
       | //debuglevel for logging (DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, FATAL_ERROR)
       | project.debuglevel  = ERROR
       | //file for list of broken links
       | project.brokenlinkfile =
/home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/tmp/brokenlinks.xml
       | //check if you have tools.jar installed
       | tools.jar.present   = true
       | The following properties could be removed from future builds:
       | //which skin to apply
       | project.skin        = disaggregate
       | //where your documentation xml is
       | project.content-dir = src/documentation

but in fact I see nothing from the build except the pre-built HTML from the...
"shadow" directories, I guess you'd call them.

So, are "no relavtive paths" a feature or a bug? Or user error?

(Note: I read the digest, so I don't get list email in realtime.)

--
  Moshe Yudkowsky
  Disaggregate

  <http://www.Disaggregate.com>