forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <msha4...@bl.com>
Subject Re: I can see the build, but not the file it creates
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 22:18:42 GMT
Cancel the national emergency. I have discovered that forrest.properties cannot
handle relative file paths. That is,

project.content-dir=/home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/src/documentation
project.skins-dir=${project.content-dir}/skins
project.site-dir=/home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/builds/${project.skin}
project.temp-dir=/home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/tmp

but

project.content-dir=/home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/src/documentation
project.skins-dir=${project.content-dir}/skins
project.site-dir=./builds/${project.skin}
project.temp-dir=./site/tmp

will fail. Althouh interestingly enough, the temp files showed up in the
correct directory. Can this be a bug? Just for the content?

I'd changed from absolute paths to relative paths when I changed my directory
structure, thinking I'd avoid a future source of failure.

SUGGESTION: Add this note into forrest.properties:

# Use absolute pathnames for project.* properties that require a pathname
# E.g., project.content-dir=/home/foo/web/site/src/documentation
# This will fail: project.content-dir=./site/src/documentation

Unless, of course, this is a bug, not a feature!

--
  Moshe Yudkowsky
  Disaggregate

  <http://www.Disaggregate.com>