forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <msha4...@bl.com>
Subject I can see the build, but not the file it creates
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 21:35:21 GMT
I can see that I'm building a file, but the file itself never shows up in the
build directory.

I have a file "ready.xml" that builds into "ready.html". I can see it's being
built:

> * [11]  0.272s 4.0Kb   tech/demos/voice2im/ready.html

(What does the [11] stand for? Links in?)

But when I look into the build directory, ready.html isn't there. What's worse
is that it *does* appear in the tmp directory. Any errors in ready.xml are
appropriately noted, so I'm confident it's being built.

Here's what I find a bit ominous. Because one of the files in that
"tech/demos/voice2im" directory uses forms, I have a parallel diretory with a
single file in it. That is, I've created

src/documentation/content

and under it I have both

xdocs/tech/demos/voice2im

as well as a single ready-built html file in

tech/demos/voice2im

The only file I see in the build is that single ready-built file.

This doesn't make sense to me, and what's worse is that I know this worked
before and it suddenly has stopped working. Did I miss something?

site.xml does have all the xml files in the xdocs listed, so I that's not the
problem...

--
  Moshe Yudkowsky
  Disaggregate