forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Feature freeze, bug fixing and release candidate
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 06:05:04 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi dijo:

> I know that there are still many things that can go in the next release,
>   some of which are almost ready or easy to do, but we have been holding
> it off too much, waaay too much.
>
> Hence I propose that from now no extra features are added to the trunk
(can be on a branch though), that we work on fixing bugs and make a
release candidate in the next days.

> I'm not aiming for a perfect release, but for a reasonably stable and
usable one, that we can use as a base for the next timed releases to be
pushed ahead as decided, with big new functionaly in branches.

> +1

+1

BTW, I will be glad to wait for Cocoon 2.1.5. The new Cocoon version uses
for caching JCS instead of JISP. This change seems to be far more stable.

Also Upayavira commented about a posible "caching" of generated pages at
offline level. This was imposible to reach with JISP. That means we can
also improve the generation using the caching mechanism that JCS provide.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo