forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 04:40:45 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Quoting David Crossley:
> > Dave Brondsema wrote:

> > > Yes.  Or not archive the "cvs" list at all.  All that history is in the
> > > repository.  Either way, I don't like commit emails cluttering the dev
> > > list when I'm browsing it.
> >
> > I gather that we must have the diffs coming to a mailing
> > list so as to ensure proper oversight. Each committer should
> > be subscribed to that list.
> >
> > I too think that it should be a separate list. Also we will
> > have the Wiki diffs coming to that list.
>
> Yes I agree that we should have it.  But I don't think we need to archive it.

What is the reason that you do not want it to be archived?

Yes the history is in the repository and we should be safer
with SVN, and not lose or mangle history like what happened
with Cocoon.

I see it as useful to have an archive. It provides a way
to search for past commits. It provides a way to easily
refer to a specific commit if ever we need to prove something.

Evidently having an archive enables a mechanism for code review
in case of break-in and compromise of the system.

Looking at Eyebrowse i see that many projects do have an
archive of their "cvs" list.

--David