forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Forrest Signature in HTML source
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 21:36:02 GMT
Brian S. Hayes wrote:
> I apologize if this has been discussed before...

It has. We decided that it was a good idea.
However no-one got around to implementing it.
... come on down!

There was various discussion on this topic and on
the topic of META tags in general. Here is one thread:

[RT] - HTML META tag to indicate build by forrest.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106507937000004

The conclusions were that we should have some mechanism
for adding various meta tags and specifically we should
add a "generated by Forrest version ###".

> I'm sure follow-on discussion will determine exactly what is appropriate.
> However, is the idea a good one?

Yes.

--David