forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 20:49:30 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > *) Do we want a separate "cvs" mailing list and archive?
> > At the moment it automatically comes to "dev".
>
> Yes.  Or not archive the "cvs" list at all.  All that history is in the
> repository.  Either way, I don't like commit emails cluttering the dev
> list when I'm browsing it.

I gather that we must have the diffs coming to a mailing
list so as to ensure proper oversight. Each committer should
be subscribed to that list.

I too think that it should be a separate list. Also we will
have the Wiki diffs coming to that list.

> > *) Do we want a Wiki?
>
> Yes, but we will have to determine some sort of "policy" for it's use.
> Probably something like: new documentation and developer-only docs (e.g.
> upgrading jars) can be there.  As soon as appropriate we will migrate
> good docs from the wiki to the main forrest site.

Yes, i agree with all that you say. It should be a separate request
to infrastructure. I too would like to see a use policy and also
probably restrict its access so as to avoid spam and vandalism.

--David