forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject Re: REsizing batik to a minimum for us.
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 16:51:14 GMT
On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 07:22, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Dave Brondsema escribió:
> > I think we should hold off on significant changes until after we release
> > 0.6.  We don't want to break anything now :-)  A difference of .6 MB is
> > not worth risking it.
> >
> > And a full test suite would be immensely helpful when we do do this.
> >

> But dave, this is not a significant change. This will impact producing
> png out of svg. I have test it already so I can build the fresh-site.

Personally, I use this functionality a great deal.  Namely, creating
diagrams with sodipodi (SVG) and have them generated as PNGs (or JPEG)
to include in the generated documentation.

This seems rather a big change in functionality, at least from my
perspective as a user.

And, aren't the rounded corners in some of the skins (tigris comes to
mind) PNGs created from dynamic SVG?

--
Rick Tessner <rick@onnadayr.ca>