forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build.sh and build.bat creating just JAR
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 01:45:29 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
> > We have just included in the trunk the changes done on the copyless
> > branch. In essence, Forrest does not create a dist anymore, and uses
> > itself in place. No more useless copying, no more backcopying bugfixes,
> > all is used live.
>
> Jupp, that is great! I am trying to get the lenya-site to the newest
> SVN-Head of forrest! I had some problems with the skins so I copied the
> "lenya-site" (skin) into the "src/core/context/skins". Then I had to
> build all the time the new forrest because had to use a step by step
> approach to find the code that is causing the problem! ...but that
> (building all the time) is gone now! *GREAT* -> it saves me heaps of time!
>
> >[...]
> > We need more testing to check that all remaining issues are ironed out
> > before a release, so bug reports and suggestions are welcome :-)
>
> So far everything works great!

Good to hear. If there are any tips that you can add to
upgrading_06.xml then please do.

You said that you are using your own skin. Please see the notes
in the "Upgrading" and "Changes" documents about FOR-146 issue.
It warns people to check that this part of skin changes does not
affect your project. It would be nice to hear whether or not it did.

> Cheers you guys, keep it up ;-)

Yes please. Everyone who discusses on this forrest-dev
is one of "you guys", not just the committers.

--David