forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Generating files with extensions other than .html
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 23:34:37 GMT
Quoting Vlad Berditchevskiy <vlad@hashbang.de>:

> Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@che-che.com> writes:
>
> > The filename that you refer is on the forrest.properties as
> > #project.start-uri=index.html
>
> That solved my problem, thanks!

Ah yes, that parameter is passed to the CLI, which I mentioned in the last
email.  I was wondering why the cli.xconf didn't have an index.html specified as
an <uri>

> However, there is still another problem
> that should be mentioned: if the indexfile attribute is not used in
> tabs.xml, all tab links point to index.html (which does not exist). I
> found a matcher, which, as I thought, was responsible for this:
>
> ,----
> |       <map:match pattern="">
> |         <map:redirect-to uri="index.html" />
> |       </map:match>
> |       <map:match type="regexp" pattern="^.+/$">
> |           <map:redirect-to uri="index.html"/>
> |       </map:match>
> `----
>
> But I was wrong: changing .html to .shtml did not help, those index.html
> links must come from somewhere else. This is not a major problem though,
> because it can be solved by explicitly setting indexfile in tabs.xml.

I'll point you to the cli.xconf again, although I might be wrong again :-)
Since the links point to a directory, the CLI needs to create an index file and
it uses the value of <default-filename>

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal