forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Feature freeze, bug fixing and release candidate
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 22:51:31 GMT
Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org>:

> I know that there are still many things that can go in the next release,
>   some of which are almost ready or easy to do, but we have been holding
> it off too much, waaay too much.
>
> Hence I propose that from now no extra features are added to the trunk
> (can be on a branch though), that we work on fixing bugs and make a
> release candidate in the next days.
>
> I'm not aiming for a perfect release, but for a reasonably stable and
> usable one, that we can use as a base for the next timed releases to be
> pushed ahead as decided, with big new functionaly in branches.
>
> +1

+1

I have been busy with finals and moving, but that is pretty much over now.  I
will hopefully be able to close my bugs soon.

We should also get an "upgrade guide" ready, like we did for 0.5
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/upgrading_05.html

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal