forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <>
Subject Re: simplified docbook and forrest
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 15:45:42 GMT

> Hi,

> What I'd like to do:

> Use openoffice to create documents in simplified
> doc book format, and then create a site using forrest and the data from
> these
> files.
> Does anyone have a simple set of steps that would allow me to do
> the above using the current version of forrest (0.51 - not the one under
> subversion).
> Eli

As others mentioned, you can use files directly.  If you want to use
simplified docbook, see the FAQ at  I have also found that (at least
in the latest version; probably true for 0.5.1 also) you must specify the
DOCTYPE to be exactly this: <!DOCTYPE refentry PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML
"">  If you use a
different version number it doesn't work.

Dave Brondsema : : personal : programming : student org

View raw message