forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: simplified docbook and forrest
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 15:45:42 GMT
Quoting elev007.1034640@bloglines.com:

> Hi,

> What I'd like to do:

> Use openoffice to create documents in simplified
> doc book format, and then create a site using forrest and the data from
> these
> files.
>
> Does anyone have a simple set of steps that would allow me to do
> the above using the current version of forrest (0.51 - not the one under
> subversion).
>

> Eli

As others mentioned, you can use OO.org files directly.  If you want to use
simplified docbook, see the FAQ at
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/faq.html#docbook  I have also found that (at least
in the latest version; probably true for 0.5.1 also) you must specify the
DOCTYPE to be exactly this: <!DOCTYPE refentry PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML
V4.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd">  If you use a
different version number it doesn't work.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal