forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commit access for lenya-committer
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 04:56:03 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > Committers need to check out with https: instead of http:  It looks like
> > only the Contributing page mentions that.  Anyway, you can switch your
> > checkout from http to https with this:
>
> Cheers, but I am a lenya-committer. I don't know whether I can commit to
>   forrest because with https I cannot see the project (403).
>
> Who could tell me whether I have access to the SVN or not?

You probably would not automatically have access.

The Forrest project has a group of committers that have
been voted in. A while ago we did extend that to Cocoon
committers, but i do not now if it further extends to
new Lenya committers.

Anyway, the usual practice would be for people to come
and participate in the forrest-dev mailing list.

There is no dis-respect intended with these comments,
but i think that we would not really want people from
outside to just commit stuff to our repository.

At least, not at this stage. We are discussing a potential
top-level project for Forrest, and this requirement for
casual commit access has been thrown in the melting pot.

In the meantime, please use Jira for patches.
Your contributions and participation are most welcome.

--David