forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: A tiny research on Schema support for xml editors
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 03:24:53 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> So a way to avoid this is to have
> <skinconf>
>   <feature name="standard" />
>   <feature name="non-standard" />
> <skiconf>
> So we do not longer check if a feature is standard or not, we only care
> that is a feature element.
> My issue on this is that the skin code expect well defined features. I
> do not see the point in remove that validation. We could use name space,
> but the DTD support needs to be dropped:

Perhaps you missed the other thread where this is being discussed.
 [DEVOTE] Solving the skinconf riddle
That is the beginning of the thread and it moved through a very
constructive process to arrive at a solution. This sounds like
the same issues that you refer to above.

There is a simple internal DTD to allow editors to do basic edit
prompting and validation. Then there is the ability to apply
external validations for each skin to ensure that certain features
are defined.

Let us continue the discussion over there if there are still issues.

View raw message