forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest and UTF-8
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 03:16:37 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> I was working again with forrest. It is amazing how much the project
> progressed in too short time. Well done guys! :-D

Thanks. With your help we are getting even further.

> My question is bout using UTF-8 with Forrest. I don't found how to change
> the char encoding for the generated HTML pages. I mean:

Using find and grep "meta " shows no mention of how that would get
into the output. Is it possible that it would come directly from
the Cocoon engine?

> I think it will be fine to set UTF-8 as the default to allow non-english
> users write in his own language. I mean for example: chineese or other
> languages not covered by ISO-8859-1.

Yes the default should be UTF-8 ... if not then we need to fix it.

> Or perhaps a variable in forrest.properties that allow us to define the
> output encoding of the site.

Yes.

How would that property be utilised?

--David