forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: merge copyless?
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 02:10:13 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
> > IMHO this should be done before merging:
> >
> > - [1] FOR-146 Issues with //skinconfig and document2html.xsl
> >
> > It has to be applied and tested, as it touches many files.
> > Rick Tessner has been nice to add a patch to the bug report.
> > If someone else can do it... I'm afraid I cannot do it so soon.
> >
> > Then I can merge back let's say Tuesday.
> >
> > The only issue remaining is that I have removed the DTD validation in
> > that branch...
>
> I think that both issues are related. Can we just merge the copyless
> branch without the modifications on the skinconf?
>
> Those modifications could go to the branch "new-skinconf".
>
> WDYT?

I think that FOR-146 is totally separate issue. The other issue
is that build-time validation (e.g. validate-xdocs) is broken due
to a classpath issue for the entity resolver. I am not sure what
Nicola Ken means when he says that he "removed DTD validation"
... why? Just because of the broken classpath? Why "remove" rather
than "disable until fixed"?

--David