forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [DEVOTE] Solving the skinconf riddle
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 14:35:56 GMT
Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org>:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >
> >>Each skin would have the complete version instead, with the
> >><!--@required--> tag stuff or the required="" attribute, from which
> >>Forrest would dynamically create the skinconf.xsl file that is now done
> >>"by hand".
> >>
> >>Given that this file would be made by skin authors and that it's better
> >>to keep a single schema for skinconfs maybe it's better to use the <!--@
> >>annotations for this file instance.
> >

> > I too am confused as to how it hangs together. Is this it? ...
> >
> > Each skin has a skinconf.xml (or is that skindef.xml) which is
> > managed by the skin creator people, not the users. It has the
> > documentation comments and the "@required" comments and has
> > all possible features.
>
> Correct.

Will each skin's skinconf include all the features it uses?  Or will we have a
skinconf for the 'common' skin which includes the features that pretty much all
skins use?  And then each skin's skinconf would only include additional features.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal