forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DEVOTE] Solving the skinconf riddle
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 07:45:45 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Each skin would have the complete version instead, with the
> <!--@required--> tag stuff or the required="" attribute, from which
> Forrest would dynamically create the skinconf.xsl file that is now done
> "by hand".
>
> Given that this file would be made by skin authors and that it's better
> to keep a single schema for skinconfs maybe it's better to use the <!--@
> annotations for this file instance.

I too am confused as to how it hangs together. Is this it? ...

Each skin has a skinconf.xml (or is that skindef.xml) which is
managed by the skin creator people, not the users. It has the
documentation comments and the "@required" comments and has
all possible features.

There is a build task that generates certain files from that:
* skinconf.xsl which injects default values
* skinconf-vXY.rng which enables validation of users' skinconf.xml
* skinconf.xml which is an example file for users to apply
to their project skinconf.xml if they need to over-ride or
disable certain features.

Is that how it will work or am i off-track?

--David