forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject Re: [copyless] Issues with //skinconf [patch]
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 04:57:47 GMT
On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 00:19, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Rick Tessner wrote:
> >
> > In the next couple of days, I'll try to put something together that uses
> > place holder tags in the document2html.xsl  (<div id="...."> tags would
> > seem to make the most sense at this point) and then have the "skinit"
> > resource handle the placeholder tags.
>
> +1

Hi all,

I've made the necessary changes to the various skins so that the
skinning takes place primarily in the site2xhtml.xsl sheets.  By
primarily, I mean any skinning that required referencing the
skinconf.xsl sheet.

Attached is the patch and below is a short summary of the changes that
were made.

It should be noted that other skins that folk have out there may be
incompatible with these changes.  In particular, if those skins were
referencing "$config" or "//skinconfig" in the document2html.xsl, they
won't work as expected.

If, like the "avalon-tigris" skin, the document2html.xsl does NOT make
any references to anything in the skinconf.xsl, then everything should
be fine.

Change Log
----------

      * Moved all references to //skinconfig out of the
        document2html.xsl to the site2xhtml.xsl
      * Rationalized the Table of Contents stuff by creating a "toc"
        mode in the common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl.  That is then
        used to generate the per-page ToC and the ToC attached to the
        menu.  The DTD for the intermediate form of the Table of
        Contents is:

          <!ELEMENT tocitems (tocitem)*>
          <!ELEMENT tocitem EMPTY>
          <!ATTLIST tocitem
                    title    CDATA REQUIRED
                    href     CDATA REQUIRED
                    level    CDATA REQUIRED >

      * Removed extraneous default xsl matchers on the non-common
        document2html and site2xhtml XSLs.  This allows matches defined
        in the imported transformation sheets to match (imported sheets
        have lower precedence).
      * Defined a couple of <div id="..."> place holder tags used by the
        document2html.  Those are then skinned by the site2xhtml
        sheets.  The following table is how the place holder <div>'s
        correspond to the skinconf.xml (referenced as //skinconfig)

<!-- Place Holder -->         <!-- skinconf.xml element -->
-->

NOTE:

The "skinconf-toc-page" corresponds to
//skinconfig/toc/[@location='page'] and has nothing to do with the
//skinconfig/toc/[@location='menu'].  The menu ToC is handled directly
by the site2xhtml.xsl for a particular skin.

--
Rick Tessner <rick@onnadayr.ca>