forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject Re: [copyless] Issues with //skinconf
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 16:03:54 GMT
On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 23:44, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Rick Tessner wrote:
> >      2. Move the skinning bits out of document2html and handle it all
> >         within the "skinit" resource.  This may require putting place
> >         holder tags in the html generated by document2html that "skinit"
> >         can then replace with proper skinconf values.  I like this
> >         option better than #1.
>
> This is a good suggestion.

In the next couple of days, I'll try to put something together that uses
place holder tags in the document2html.xsl  (<div id="...."> tags would
seem to make the most sense at this point) and then have the "skinit"
resource handle the placeholder tags.

Thoughts? Concerns?

> We have sort-of seen how having different xsls for the page parts is
> usually more an issue than a feature, so it may be that we will move to
> a single xsl file, and keep the current decomposition using imports in
> the xsls.

This seems to be a rather large change and not even sure I understand it
completely.  Are there previous discussions on this that someone could
point me to?

> This is the clearest and most detailed bug report I've seen in months :-)

Thanks! :)

--
Rick Tessner <rick@onnadayr.ca>