forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <>
Subject Forrest Gump
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 15:47:27 GMT
The two have to go together, don't they! ;-)

I'd like to request some (ongoing) help from this team. We have a Gump
instance on that (as you know) generates a few thousand
xdocs, a number of times a day. We currently fork a batch run of Forrest,
which is doing some seriously heavy lifting, but would love to move to the
webapp form (1) to only skin what is requested/viewed & to save time/cycles
(2) to be less sensitive to validation issues.

We have this approach working on another server, on an older Forrest, but
would like to use the latest/greatest Forrest & keep current. We know you've
been working on the 'copyless', and I wonder if you'd be game to attempt to
install/manage/maintain this, once merged (or whenever), onto Brutus.

Further, Gump configures a template (with site.xml, skin, properties, etc.)
and it is sadly basic. It needs some love. Heck, we even had to remove the
Apache logo from it 'cos we couldn't get the right colour scheme & don't
know that sort of stuff. [Further, we've had some requests for a skin
without spacer GIFs. Anybody able to point us to [or create] a
nice/simple/cheap (but pretty :-) CSS based skin?]

What are the chances that folks here would be interested in working with us,
perhaps as a showcase of Forrest, perhaps as a test-bed. (We have a test run
on the same server that could be used for a staging/testing area prior to
deployment to the main 'production' output.) We'd like to keep current w/
latest/greatest Forrest.

Help appreciated, and thanks in advance for your consideration...

Experience the Unwired Enterprise:
Try Sybase:

View raw message