forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Forrest (copyless-merged) bugs (was Re: No joy... )
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 11:36:25 GMT
> Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>
> > I put content that I do NOT ask Forrest to generate into ./content
> > [e.g. ./content/ant/rss.xml and ./content/ant/atom.xml] and the
> > content I DO ask Forrest to generate into ./content/xdocs [e.g.
> > ./content/xdocs/ant/index.xml.] Forrest transfers the things I
> > produce the rss.xml atom.xml are mine, not from Forrest) and it
> > generates index.html giving me:
> >
> > {site}/ant/rss.xml {site}/ant/atom.xml and {site}/ant/index.html
>
> Ok, so it *does* generate index.html.
>
> > What I am saying is the transfer occurs (I get the first two) but not
> > the last one.
>
> You mean that it does not transfer index.*xml* but it correctly
> generates index.html?
>
> If so, this is correct and it has always done so. (a)
>
> If you don't get a correctly generated index.htmlwe have a problem. (b)
>
> > As this is an ant copy (I think), that makes some sense.
>
> Case (a) or (b)?

It used to be (a) with previous Forrest. It is currently (b) 'cos I was
passing -Dproject.site-dir on the command line and the transfer/copy (of
rss.xml) occurs to there, but the generation/transfer occurs to where
project.site-dir is set in the forrest.property files. The things go to two
places, not one. This is the command line -D issue you know exists. Any
decision on if you'll fix it or not? If not, I can deprecate Gump calling
Forrest (might do so anyway) and only allow Gump to write xdocs into a
Forrest webapp (nicer performance).

regards,

Adam