forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Forrest graduation from Xml.Apache
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:42:59 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>Con
>>>---
>>>* Committees and paperwork. :-)
>>
>>Well, AFAIK the only paperwork the trimestral report for the board.
>
> The point was an attempted joke - note the smiley.

:-)

(I'm the smiley fanatic, don't you dare put in more smilies than me! Ha
ha ha ha :->) :-D

>>>Other
>>>-----
>>>* Would we still retain some affiliation with the Apache XML
>>>umbrella project?
>>
>>Why not? :-)
>
> ?
>
> I should have been more explicit. We definitely have affiliation.
> How? What would it be in real life? A link from their webpage?
> A complete "introduction" page at xml.apache.org and the rest
> at forrest.apache.org ... I suppose those are minor details.

My "why not?" was in fact not a question but more like "yeah, why not?"
like "I'm fine with it".

> How would our PMC relate to Xml PMC? Does it need to, or is
> the website association sufficient?

Well, let's say that all XML projects go top-level... what happens to
Xml.Apache? Maybe the general list and the Commons repository and
community. What about keeping someone on the XML PMC and making it
possible to have access to the Commons CVS?

> ... sorry, just thinking out loud and trying to determine how
> our PMC is composed and what its role is.

It's actually a good point.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -