forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Copyless branch ready for testing
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:22:04 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>The "copyless" branch is ready for testing folks :-)
>
> Thanks for doing this - it is an excellent step forward.

And boy, does it make it easier to fix bugs!

>>Let me know how the test goes. There will surely be things to fix, let's
>>get these bugs out! :-)
>
> I tried 'forrest run' and 'forrest' on Forrest's own docs
> and tried 'forest seed site'. All seems okay on my Linux.
> Not yet tried on a complex site like Cocoon or Xml-Commons.
>
> I saw some warnings about directory not found for
> src/documentation/skins/common etc.

Hmmm, could you please post them here?

> The 'forrest validate-xdocs' does not work. Adding -v shows
> that it cannot find the resolver library - not sure why.

Ok, will check it and clean up all the validation stuff.

>>I'd like to clean up many things that are there yet, but there are not
>>relevant to this branch, so when this will get merged back I will
>>eventually branch again to do them. Let's get this working, first.
>
> What does "working" mean?

I meant let's iron all the evident bugs out of this branch before
merging, and then we can rebranch for a "cleaning" of the codebase, as
we can use some refactoring in our codebase (ant scripts, java classes,
sitemaps).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -