forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New skinconf format
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:43:28 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> what about this:
>
> elements under <skinconfig> becomes standard ones.
>
> add <feature> elements under skincont like your prososal so it can be
> use for non-standard features.
>
> Adding this on the DTD should resolve it:
>
>   <!ELEMENT feature (element*)>
>   <!ATTLIST feature name   CDATA #IMPLIED
>                     value  CDATA #IMPLIED>
>   <!ELEMENT element (property*)>
>   <!ATTLIST element name   CDATA #IMPLIED>
>   <!ELEMENT property (#PCDATA)>
>   <!ATTLIST property name   CDATA #IMPLIED>

Honestly I don't like this approach, as it mixes things...

What about this:

- Add the forrest skinconf namespace
- Remove DTD
- use only RelaxNG validation for it

This should:

- Keep it extensible by namespacing
- Keep the stylesheets as are now
- Keep validation (as RelaxNG IIRC runs on namespaces)
- Make it loadable by XmlProperty

What do others think, is this the right mix?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -