forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Forrest graduation from Xml.Apache
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:31:48 GMT

Some weeks ago, he Xml Project has proposed to the board a plan of
reorganization. It contemplated the possible spinoff of Forrest to
Cocoon, but preliminar discussions with Cocoon members have showed that
maybe another option would be better: going top level.

This would create a forrest.apache.org Project, with it's own PMC and
voting guidelines. We can still decide to keep SVN open to Cocoon
committers as we do now, and keep on doing development like now, except
that we will have a PMC and report to the board, which is how Projects
in Apache were thought to function from the start.

If we decide to try this route we shall vote for it and ask the XML PMC
and board for it.

WDOT?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -