forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] freeze for release
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:25:21 GMT
Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen wrote:
> I'm eagerly looking forward to Upayavira's work on i18n, and would like
> it to be included in the next release rather than be put off for the
> future. On the other hand I do understand (and also agree on) the
> reasons for releasing Forrest, so my vote would be something like
>
> +0.5
> (but +1 if i18n is ready to roll/be tested - how is it going, Upayavira?)

We can still do a 0.6.1 release some weeks after.

> to the extent that my vote counts (this is my first vote - I read the
> Apache wiki on voting, but I don't consider myself a committer, one with
> voting power;)

Binding votes are cast only by project members, which, as far as the ASF
is concerned, are project PMC members. This is something that has
somehow been lost with the creation of umbrella projects like Xml and
Jakarta, where committers were not necessarily part of the project
PMC... which makes me think that we should now decide where to go from
Xml.Apache...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -