forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] freeze for release
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:49:44 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> As mentioned on some earlier threads, we should do a release soon.  I propose we
> put a freeze on new development, finish existing work, and make a release.
>
> Here's what I'm aware of for existing work that needs to be finished:
> copyless branch
> forrestbot2 deploy.cvs
> move forrestbot2 into main
> check all outstanding bugs in JIRA

+1

Add this too (should be in the bugs):

- krysalis-site skin css images not generated in static site
- krysalis-site skin menu border fix
- switch to krysalis-site with Forrest colors for default forrest skin

> Then after the release we can start working on some significant changes:
> Nicola's promising (but backwards-compatiblity breaking) ideas for skinconf.xml
> xhtml2
> i18n
> etc.

:-)

And forrestdoc too ;-)

> We might want to develop a roadmap (flexible of course) for features to be added
> in the next release.  nicola's branch-per-feature suggestion will help this be
> work smoothly.

I really agree, but instead I would put a date on the release.

Releases are, let's say, every two months. Big features are done on
their own branch. If we are more then 2 weeks from a release, we can
merge from the branches, else we freeze the trunk and then release.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -