forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 10259 - in xml/forrest/trunk: . src/core/context src/core/context/WEB-INF src/core/context/resources/schema/dtd src/core/context/resources/stylesheets src/core/context/skins/common src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/fo src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/html src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/svg src/core/context/skins/forrest-site/xslt/html src/core/fresh-site/src/documentation
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:07:11 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Nicola,
> Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
>
>> cheche@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>>         Replace document() function to get skinconf values and use
>>> "//skinconfig"
> I copied from the copyless brach, I guess that if both changes are the
> same, It will be merged without warning right?

:-) Ok, sorry for the rant. In fact I had changed all those commits by
reverting them and just changing the $config to point to the //skinconf.
Basically, you merged commit 10158 while I changed again in 10170.

In that case we didn't need to change all those values. Next time,
please ask, because nobody can really tell how good code ona branch is
before merging. Oh, and if you could really the changes from 10158 to
10170...

> BTW, Thanks for this tip, I am not 100% about the fact that we mix
> configuration and content, but I can not find another way to do this.

There is, in fact, but we had decided some time back to do it like this,
basically to get rid of the document() function.

The alternative way should be to put cocoon://skinconf.xml in the
document function, but there are other implications that are not nice,
like the lack of control over the caching of the content and the
reparsing of th file every time (while Cocoon instead caches skinconf in
preparsed SAX events).

More info should be here (as I explained in the svn commit comment):
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgId=1216516

             - verba volant, scripta manent -