forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: skinconf versioning (Was: svn commit: rev 10172)
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:44:44 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>* any update to the skinconf that changes feature names will be included
>>in the general skinconf pipeline xsl
> Not sure what you mean by that last bit.

@see resources.xmap

There is a pipeline that transforms skinconf.xml with a number of
stylesheets before giving it to internal processing. If we change some
tags, we just need to add in the first xslt the right transformation,
and internally it will work as if nothing has happened. On my branch
even the skinconf input module (conf:) uses an internal pipeline.

>>>* Release Forrest more often.
>>
>>+1
>
> :-) we do need to try harder.

We did too many wide and all-encompassing changes to the trunk.
I believe that if we start using branches for them, we will be able to
do timed releases, ie one per month, as all things that have not yet
been resolved stay in the branches.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -