forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [UPDATE] Copyless forrest branch
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:27:43 GMT

I've good news: I've managed to get Forrest working without needing the
Ant property substitutions in the configuration files :-)

I thought that I only needed to work on the forrest: and project:
inputmodules, but in fact we use property substitutions also for the
catalog and the skinconf: and conf: inputmodules.

Anyway, the first iteration is working, but it will take some days to
clean the build system of all the filtering steps that are not needed,
and also accomodate for using user libs if present.

For this, I'm going to branch in SVN to accomodate for this code, so
that we don't break the trunk. As a mater of fact, I'd also like if we
do this branching every time we make big changes, as we should never
break the trunk, now that SVN gives us cheap copying and branching.

:-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -