forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 9958 - in xml/forrest/trunk: . src/core/targets
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:48:26 GMT

NOTE: please check your date, as this mail shows being dated 1/1/2002
and goes to the bottom of the mails.

Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ross Gardler escribió:
>
>> This will prevent the webapp working. The reason for overwriting
>> cocoon.xconf was that a different setup is required for remotely
>> distributed webapps. Without this different xconf the distributed
>> webapp will still be looking in places like src, which is not in that
>> packaged war file.
>
> I was not aware of this setup, and It drive me crazy,  I do not want to
> maintain two similar files.
>
> I have got a xsl to import cocoon.xconf from the cocoon distribution
> using a xsl file, maybe we can use something similar to address this issue.

I have the solution for this ready in my head, but have not gotten into
fixing it for a long time... there are some classes in SVN but not finished.

The idea is to make Forrest not use cocoon.xconf to get the values it
needs but read them from the actual config files.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -