forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Finalizing html-ihtml-ehtml
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2004 07:38:16 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> If anyone is brave enough to wade into the old discussion
> then here are some threads ...
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=105759865520117
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=106301676617936
>
> It seems that one of the main issues was that people would be
> confused when some of their html tags are silently discarded.

Hmmm... let's see... in this proposal we would have .html output that
gets cleaned before being processed, while .xhtml output does not...

It seems to me that in fact this issue still apply (BTW, thanks for
hunting it down).

Let's put it this way: we shall clean both the xhtml and the html from
presentation tags, but we shall not discard valid html tags that are in
the source when transforming to html output. I think this should fix the
issue.

>>Hmmm... How does RELAXNG use the right schema? IIRC with the namespaces.
>
> Yes.
>
> I have been collecting references about this issue, but damn - no time
> yet to properly investigate. Here are some ...
> ANN: Namespace Routing Language
> http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200306/msg00599.html
> http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/nrl.html
> http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=2120

Ok, very well. I think then that there won't be issues when using this
too. We will still use DTD for the specs that require it, and move to
this for all the others.

> I do not understand all the issues and haven't time now to
> investigate. So +0 from me.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -