forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Finalizing html-ihtml-ehtml
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:04:57 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>> My last proposal was to do the following:

Since I have not recieved any comments (IOW all seems well) and in the
past there have been contrasting opinions, I reckon that lazy consensus
does not apply, and am thus now asking for a vote.

The goal is to make html files be treated as a source to clean, and
xhtml files as a source to skin (ala ehtml).

Hence:

1 - make .html extensions work as .ihtml
2 - Add an .xhtml source extension that will be used also with xhtml2,
     and have unrecognized tags that can exist in the output percolate
     through the html output.
     This removes need for the multi-namespace support would instead
     force us to do relax-ng validation or no validation at all.
3 - deprecate .ihtml and .ehtml

Reference for html-xhtml:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/

My vote: +1