forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen <sjur.mosha...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: [vote] freeze for release
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:45:48 GMT
På 26. apr. 2004 kl. 17.50 skrev Dave Brondsema:

> As mentioned on some earlier threads, we should do a release soon.  I
> propose we
> put a freeze on new development, finish existing work, and make a
> release.
>
> Here's what I'm aware of for existing work that needs to be finished:
> copyless branch
> forrestbot2 deploy.cvs
> move forrestbot2 into main
> check all outstanding bugs in JIRA
>
> Then after the release we can start working on some significant
> changes:
> Nicola's promising (but backwards-compatiblity breaking) ideas for
> skinconf.xml
> xhtml2
> i18n
> etc.

I'm eagerly looking forward to Upayavira's work on i18n, and would like
it to be included in the next release rather than be put off for the
future. On the other hand I do understand (and also agree on) the
reasons for releasing Forrest, so my vote would be something like

+0.5
(but +1 if i18n is ready to roll/be tested - how is it going,
Upayavira?)

to the extent that my vote counts (this is my first vote - I read the
Apache wiki on voting, but I don't consider myself a committer, one
with voting power;)

Sjur