forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [I18n] Alternatives locales for a given page.
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:26:08 GMT
Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen wrote:

> På 28. apr. 2004 kl. 13.25 skrev Upayavira:
>
>> You're missing me. That is what I am proposing to do - at the output
>> side.
>

> <snip/>
>
>> So you would have source of:
>>
>> /xml/en/foo.xml
>> /xml/de/foo.xml
>> /xml/pl/foo.xml
>>
>> Which would map to output of:
>>
>> /html/foo.html.en
>> /html/foo.html.de
>> /html/foo.html.pl
>> and possibly, if I can work it out:
>> /html/foo.html (with the content type stuff that I was just reading
>> about, and you described above.)
>>
>> Basically, I don't want my content authors to be treading on each
>> other's toes - I want each translator to have their own source folder
>> where they work - but Cocoon and its CLI can then rewrite these to be
>> in Apache's preferred format. That's what I have in mind.
>

> Now I get you, thanks for explaining;)

Great.

> Does the above imply that you have locale folders at each and every
> level, or only at the starting point?

I'd do it at the starting point, that way there's a tree per translator.
But, this should just be sitemap configuration - you could do it with a
locale folder per level too if you wanted:
<map:match pattern="**/*.html">
  <map:generate src="{i18n:xml/{1}/LOCALE/{2}.html"/>
instead of
<map:match pattern="**/*.html">
  <map:generate src="{i18n:xml//LOCALE/{1}/{2}.html"/>

A change that isn't hard to do!

Regards, Upayavira