forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] DTD schema for skinconf
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:50:28 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:

> Sorry, but we have already voted for the new skinconf format, and the
> result has been an ok to go ahead. I'm still not applying it to try and
> get your +1, but this is just backwards.

¿?¿? on your proposal:

* there is a simple DTD used as a structure (see below)

so you did not propose to remove DTD. It was to modify the format, after
futher discussion, we came to the conclusion that that format was the
same as turning off validation.

People did not vote for the removal of DTD, If we want to move futher on
your discussion we need to get this done first.

> I vote -1, as it's against the easy extensibility of it, as I think I
> had said in my other mails.

you should be aware that others had spent quite a lot of time to ensure
that this DTD is in place. having a local-skinconf.xml is not too hard
to implement and is as easy as modify the skinconf.xml

If you are againts this, then use -0 as I did for the other proposal,
stoping somebody else work is not good for all.

> In any case, I'd still like to hear what others think about this, as the
> decision now is for:
>
> 1 Validation with DTD
> 2 Validation with RelaxNG and namespacing
>
> I would go for option 2.

I go for option 1