forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject [VOTE] DTD schema for skinconf
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:15:48 GMT
Hi,
Historically the skinconf file has hold the document type definition
(DTD)  within the same file. This DTD ensure that the xml nodes are
correct with that definition.
This lead of problems when this definition is updated, so some of us,
have put some effort to move out the DTD and replace with a public
reference:

  <!DOCTYPE skinconfig PUBLIC
         "-//APACHE//DTD Skin Configuration V0.6//EN"
         "skinconfig-v06.dtd">

It can be used by xml editors to identity elements and attribute for
this file.

The problem with this public reference it that relays on a internet
connection, but for that issue we have the "Catalog Entity Resolver for
local DTDs" http://xml.apache.org/forrest/catalog.html

With this, all these xml editors knows how to tread the skinconf.xml file.

The last discussion with Nicola about the skinconf format suggested to
remove DTD from the file.
To move forward in that discussion,  I would like people to vote:

keep DTD
remove DTD

Cheers,
Cheche